Tuesday, 14 November 2017

Counting down the clock

The twenty fourth came as a bit of a surprise. I was up at the usual time when it dawned on me that our time in Germany was fast coming to a close with so much still to do. There were presents to buy for the kids back home and one special group yet to see and spend time with. Today's exercise was to visit Marburg for gift shopping. 

I've been to Marburg numerous times over the years and it still hasn't lost any of it's magical charm. The city has been around for a while having been founded in 1140AD. Today we were bound for the Marktplatz (marketplace) to do some shopping. J was staying home because he been unlucky enough to catch L's cold. L, being a woman, had simply taken her cold in stride and was soldiering on.

Wondering in and out of the shops
The trip in was a quick one since we weren't that far away and L was driving. L works in Marburg so there was no “find the parking spot” game, she simply drove to her workplace and parked. Then we were off, all we had to do was climb the steps to the shops and have at it in the stores. Hey there was only several hundred meters of very steep incline to traverse, no problem.
Just your friendly
neighborhood Spiderman
I got to the top and after my heart rate returned to something approaching normal and I had stopped heaving for breath, I started to look around. The shops were all cozy affairs with plenty of selection. This meant I did a lot of standing around while the ladies fussed over this or that trinket. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. In short order the ladies were done and we were simply walking around gawking at the sights. Looking back I only made one mistake in this shopping expedition, I should have visited the whisky shop. I had saved my whisky shopping for the duty free at the airport and while the deals were good the selection sucked. 

The one that got away. Next time I promise to visit.
Shopping done we were off for L&J's humble abode with another day's adventure completed. One more adventure then it would be time for our trip home.

L relaxing after a long day of walking
Well that's it from me, until the morrow bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment