Friday, 4 August 2017

It's been a while

I know it's been a while since my last post but nothing really important has happened. I live a very boring life and to illustrate the point here is the worst of things I had to deal with.

I was supposed to play golf yesterday and stupid me I listened to the weathertainers. I got up to a heavy overcast sky and checked the weather network and they were predicting rain. After several text messages between my golf partner J and I we decided not to play. Of course this sent the Fates into the giggles with the result being that a short time later the weathertainers changed their minds and the chance of precipitation dropped to thirty percent. I guess you could say this is whats commonly known as a first world problem.

I did manage to get out for a bit. While I was in town I picked up and XY vise for the table drill. This will give me the ability to use my drill press as a milling machine. I know what do I need with a milling machine? Well... It will be used as part of the SKS project. I have to mill away some metal in the magazine housing of the SKS so a device called a Magwedge can be installed. The Magwedge lets me use AR style 7.62.39 STANG magazines as opposed to screwing around with stripper clips.

I can just feel how your eyes are glazing over so moving right along...

Last night wasn't a great one I found sleep hard to come by and when it finally come knocking I was out for the count. So out that I didn't see daylight till almost noon today. All the plans I had for today were history. I was going to visit Busy Bee Tools and pick up a decent end mill but that will have to hold off. By the way an end mill is kinda like a drill bit but it's designed to cut sideways not bore down.

That's about all for now. There are thunder boomers with the chance of a tornado tossed in for good measure headed our way so I'm going to post this and log off. As per normal no blog posts on the weekend unless something serious comes up. Have a good weekend to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may not be winter by the calendar but the snow on the ground outside says otherwise

It will be a short entry today because not a lot happened. For once in their little lives the weathertainers called it on the amount of s...