Thursday, 16 March 2017

Would you like some whine to go with these links?

As I sit here I can just feel the cloud of doom settle over my shoulders. My wife has a cold and since we live together I will, no doubt, catch her cold. Normally this would not be an issue. I would just whine, moan, bitch and complain like all the other tough men do until the clod had been vanquished. This time it's a little more serious, in a few short weeks I'm going under the vibrator for extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (say that 3 times fast) to take care of a kidney stone That pesky stone has caused me no end of grief and I want it gone but if I walk in with a cold they may just say "don't call us, we'll call you." Sadly I'm feeling the first signs of a cold coming on and I am not a happy camper. 

It could be worse,
at one time the standard treatment for any sickness was bloodletting.
Well that's about all the whining I wish to share with you this lovely day. And I do say lovely because even though it's still below freezing, the sun is out and the sky is a perfect blue. 

Here are a few links for you to mull over...

Looks like Mother Nature has gotten into the St Patrick's Day mood with this display

Something I learned a long time ago, banks are not your friends and this just reinforces that fact. Sadly a lot of people haven't figured this out and as a result there's a lot who are going to get hurt in the near future because of their trust in bankers. 

TPP was envisioned as a way to keep the Chinese in check. Now, thanks to Trump walking away, the Chinese are getting stronger by filling the gap Americans left when they turned their backs on the deal. Politics , like nature, hates a vacuum.

It's ironic that while the Canadian government pushes forward with free trade around the world Canadians don't have free trade yet between the provinces.  

Looks like the Republicans have got themselves into the quintessential no win scenario over health care. 

Looks like somebody forgot to tell the navy that coffee brake's over in the Mediterranean. 

This reminds me of my short stint aboard a destroyer. At night looking aft from the flight deck one could see a glowing trail kinda like what these beach goers are facing.   

And with that I have to run, TTFN.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may not be winter by the calendar but the snow on the ground outside says otherwise

It will be a short entry today because not a lot happened. For once in their little lives the weathertainers called it on the amount of s...