Monday, 20 March 2017

Spring has sprung

Well here we are, winter is finally done and spring has come and not a moment too soon. I'm suffering from cabin fever. I really want to get out and get some projects done. Ironically when I got up this morning there was a light, and I do mean light dusting of snow on the ground. I'm hoping this is winter's last gasp but we are in March which is a changeable month weather wise.

Spring has sprung and the melt is on, I wonder how long until this accursed snow is gone.
On the weekend I had a project forced upon me. Through no fault of my own the latch assembly on my easy chair went south. One of the things I do is sit and surf from the comfort of my easy chair. Saturday evening I sat down to peruse the web from the comfort of my easy chair. Upon placing my big glutomas maximus in the chair I pulled on the release latch for the foot rest as I have done countless times and nothing happened. I tried again and nada so there I was sitting with a feeling of dread in a non functioning lazy boy. 

The release latch,
sort of like an
ejection lever.
First I flipped the chair up to take a look at the underside and see if I could get at the mechanism that way... When this didn't work, I looked at the side of the chair and, seeing some screws that held the latch cover on, took the cover of the latch assembly off. Poof, out popped the guts of the latch. With the guts of the latch assembly in hand I assessed the situation then effected repairs. After drilling a hole in the latch, I fed the cable through and then through a washer so the cable wouldn't get pulled back out of the hole. Once this was done I reassembled the chair and presto we don't have to replace the lazy boy. As Red Green would say "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Until tomorrow or if any other adventures should rear their ugly heads, be seeing you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may not be winter by the calendar but the snow on the ground outside says otherwise

It will be a short entry today because not a lot happened. For once in their little lives the weathertainers called it on the amount of s...