Saturday, 11 March 2017

Oh what a lovely day

This morning started to the sound of my wife, who got up before me, making coffee. The sun was out and the sky was blue plus there was the obligatory snow squall warning from Environment Canada. Oh how I am so looking forward to the day when it's warm enough to sit on the deck and sip a coffee at the start of the day. 

For the last few days I have been compiling a series of projects that I will be on to when the weather gets nice enough to go outside without a parka. The first project on the list is the rehabilitation of my late Father-in-law's large suitcase. 


When items were being distributed to the family after his passing a few of them weren't wanted by anyone. This suitcase was one of the not wanted items. I looked at it and thought it was just too cool to let go and it reminded me of him. For the last few years the suitcase has sat in our storage room while I mulled over ideas about what to do with it. So now the game plan is to install an inside frame and add short coffee table length legs and cover the inside with green felt. Then I will use it to store all the board games we have and it will also be a coffee table.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment